Tuesday 6 November 2007

Fond memories of Australia



































Around this time last year, me and family (including my mother-in-law) were enjoying ourselves in Australia. At that point in time, Hubby was in between jobs and thought it would be a good opportunity for us to travel and we chose to visit my friend Eunice & family who had migrated to Melbourne a few years ago.

Eunice was a great host and she helped me plan the whole itinerary. We were there for 2 weeks (more or less) and we visited a lot of places. We explored Melbourne city and made a few trips to the outskirt. Among the memorable journeys were the one to Phillips Island (I love the Nobbies), the drive along the Great Ocean Road (fantastic views), gold mining in Ballarat and the nice drive along the hills at Dandenong.

One thing I noticed is that everyone in Australia loves the outdoor and there are plenty of parks around. My personal favourite is the visit to Melbourne Royal Botanic Gardens and we took lots of photos. There were flowers everywhere and nice big exotic plants. The park is so huge and beautiful and the children enjoyed themselves running wild.
Yes, I have fond memories of Melbourne and hope to visit again.