Wednesday 7 November 2007

Baby in heaven



Ryan gave me his drawing from his playschool. Like most kids his age, he drew a picture of the family and he said ……

“There’s me, papa and mummy” (at the bottom of the picture)

“The two rockets going up, up, up in the sky”

“and there’s my baby in heaven” (in a box on top of the page)

Hmm .....

Late last year, I suffered a missed miscarriage. The doctor could not detect any heartbeat and we received the confirmation on my hubby’s birthday. It was heartbreaking for the family as we have been trying for our second child for sometime and Ryan has also been asking for a “baby” since most of his friends in the playschool have brothers and sisters.

When we discovered that I was pregnant, we encouraged Ryan to talk and sing to the baby and wish goodnight to baby. I went for D&C and we were so preoccupied with everything that we did not explain to him what had happen but somehow he knew. I guess he must have heard the adult talking. We told him that his baby is no longer in mummy’s tummy but is safe in heaven.

I think he missed the baby as much as we do. We are still trying so wish us luck ……