Monday 3 March 2008

Nightmare Cleaner

I got a cleaner to come in for one whole day yesterday, from 8.00 am to 7.00 pm (with one hour of break in between). I think it’s one of the signs that I am getting better physically and therefore have this urge to throw things away and clean up the house. I don’t think I’m nesting yet as I’m still in my second trimester. It’s just that I have not been doing any major housework for the past 2 to 3 months, not even for the recent Chinese New Year and the house is really, really dusty.

I have used cleaners this agency a few times before without encountering any problem. All their staff are quite good and can work with no supervision so you can imagine my surprise. The cleaner yesterday was so incompetent that I have to teach her how to do certain task and she is also very, very slow and forgetful. She will not put things back to their original place even after me reminding her a few times and she will only wipe the table but not the things on the table, even though the things are dusty. I had to ask her to sweep the floor 3 times before it can be considered clean ……. Argh.

I just could not stand it and did some of the work myself and as a result, my muscles are aching now as I had to work along with her the whole day.

Whatever it is, at least the house is clean, for now.