Tuesday 25 March 2008

20+ weeks: What/When to eat?

Still vomiting, still taking anti-nausea pills but the good new is that I am more energetic and I can hold more food in my tummy now compared to my first trimester. I have also been experimenting with food; food that I could stomach since I do not have any cravings whatsoever and the timing of the food intake.

The conclusion?

Type of food:
I'm okay with fruits, therefore I will munch apples/oranges in-between meals.
I'm okay with fresh milk, so I will add that to my diet as well.
I'm okay with assortment of nuts, grains and dried fruits, so will make it a point to buy it this weekend. Oily stuffs are No-No and I shall avoid them at all cost.
I tend to eat soupy stuff without oil, so will stick to that. Rice is current not my favourite, but I will still take, in very small portions. Most of the mornings, my breakfast will consists of a cup of coffee and a piece of brown bread; will try to limit my caffeine intake to 2 cups a-day.

Timing of food and vitamins:
I can eat a good portion for breakfast and lunch but not dinner. Therefore, I will eat more in the mornings to make up for my poor appetite by evenings. Also, I found out that if I take my vitamins in the morning, I tend to vomit more, so now, vitamins intake are strictly in the evenings/nights.

Other habits:
I tend to have a lot of dreams, not about baby though. Mostly it's about work. Maybe I am stressed at work with all those new initiatives and projects to think about. Pregnant or not, work still goes on. Shall find a way to de-stress, somehow.

There were a few nights that I could not sleep but I am not sure whether it's because I slept too much in the afternoons or it is a hormonal thing (yeah, blame it on the hormones). Now, unless I am very tired, I will avoid taking naps during the day and opt to sleep early instead. So far, so good.

Conclusion:
Having put my life on hold during my first trimester and now, with my health improving, (slowly but surely) I am determined to go back to my normal routine; not only for my sake but for my family's as well. I will participate in as much activities as possible. Sometimes, it might just be the remedy - don't think too much and JUST DO IT!!