Tuesday 23 October 2007

Lighting does strike the same thing TWICE

Back from holidays and now back to business.

Upon returning from our trip on Sunday night, we discovered that the lightning (which happened the night before) had damaged hubby’s computer network card and also caused the fuse of the power insulator to burst. With my cousin’s help (Thanks Fred!), we managed to get the internet connection up and running again. So everyone was happy. Little did we know that our joy was short lived as it rained again that night and lightning strike again!!. This time, I was able to witness it myself and I saw sparks coming out from a lamp post near my house. I woke hubby up and asked him to quickly unplug the computer. Maybe it’s because the computer is near us as I did not even think of other electrical items in the house!!.

After that, we continue with our sleep and we only discovered yesterday evening that the second time around, the lightning not only melt the fuse but also caused the computer’s power supply to kaput. We managed to get it replace and let see if there’s a third.