Thursday 25 October 2007

In one of my moods

I have a temper. Period!

It’s not something I am proud of and it’s something which I cannot hide. Anyone can tell that I'm angry by just looking at my face and I can tell you that's not a good thing, not good at all. Actually, my temper is like a curse and it gets worse. When I'm angry, I have no control over my big mouth and all kinds of filthy words can just come out of it, profanity (although limited to the F-word as that is the only one I know), sarcasms, hurtful words and I will go on and on and on until the anger subsides – basically I need to vent out my anger. I wish there is a better way.

The only good thing is that once everything is out, I will be okay. I can forget about the whole episode and move on as I will not keep score. The bad thing is – the people I screamed at – can’t and I don't blame them.

Therefore, I have to constantly remind myself not to blow my top, no matter how mad I am – and the result so far, fewer blowing up session and a calmer me for the past few months. Then it started. I am having a tough time at work for the past few weeks and have been trying hard to keep my temper check. Was successful until this evening – never mind, what’s done is done. Shall bite my tongue harder the next time, if it happened again.