Tuesday 28 August 2007

A pleasant surprise


As I was busy watering plant this morning, I noticed a flower bud in between the leaves of my shell ginger plant. Ya-hoo !!! It finally flower.

When I bought the plant about a year ago, I asked for one which has flowers on it and the flowers lasted about a month before it withered. Since then, I was busy putting fertiliser (for growth and flowering, of course) with hope that the plant will soon bear lots and lots of flowers. Little did I know that it will be a long wait. So after a few months of waiting, I finally gave up on the plant and just be happy with the plant as it. After all, it's full of lush green leaves and look very healthy, minus the flower. So you can imagine my surprise and joy that the plant decides that it’s now the right time to flower.

I will be taking photos of the flowers and hope to post them but before that, I need to hunt for my hubby’s camera cable so that I can download the photos to the computer. If I cannot find the cable when the flowers are full bloom, I will go and buy one (if it’s not too expensive) Until then, just enjoy the photo of a shell ginger flower from the internet.