Wednesday 29 August 2007

One busy day

I have been running around and about from the time I woke up at 7.00 this morning. As usual, I arrived in the office at about 8.00am after sending Ryan to his pre-school (within my work place). Answered a few e-mails and make a few quick calls. Then, went to the seminar room to attend the third and final day of my Corporate Finance course. During teabreak I managed to call my hubby (who is still in US) and then back to the course where the speaker have given yet another assignment; so it's more information hunting and number crunching (again!) Thank God for group assignments and thereafter, presentation. I manage to escape this presentation as I had co-presented something earlier.

Then at 3.15 pm, I had to excuse myself from the course as there's an important meeting to attend which cannot be rescheduled. After the meeting, it's already 5.00pm. Cleared a few e-mails, talked to my collegues about the proposed layout of our new office area (we are relocating to somewhere else within the building). Went to see Ryan off as my colleague, Ching Ching will give him a lift home and then I went off to my Economics class at 6.30pm (part of my MBA programme). After class, there's a group discussion about an assignment which will be due soon.

Arrived home at 10.0pm......and as there's a full day meeting tomorrow (from 9.00 to 5.00), I think I will do some work tonite.......and yes, two more assignments on the plate.

I often wondered how on earth I can manage but then again I also know of people who have a more taxing schedule - The key, I guess, is to embrace each situation and also to focus on the plus points and not to treat it like chore (even if it's one) and like what hubby would said, borrowed from the famous Nike tagline - "Just Do It".