Wednesday 16 April 2008

Book: The Collectors

I borrow this book from a friend and she is a David Baldacci fan. After this book, she will be loaning me another David Baldacci, the Camel Club, I think.

Well, I must say I quite enjoy reading the book, especially on the 4 sort of main characters; Oliver Stone, Caleb Shaw, Reuben Rhodes and Milton Forb together with Annabelle. They are cool, eccentric, loyal and supportive of each other. And they come with interesting background and skills. Makes you want to be part of the team.

With the murder of Robert Bradley, Jonathan DeHaven and eventually Cornelius Behan (who at first was a suspect), the plot thickens. The ending gave a closure to only one of the two stories the author span and there is definitely a sequel to Annabelle's "adventure", which was left hanging.

Although initially I was going to take my time reading the book, I ended up finishing it in less than 1 week. Will definitely be reading more of David Baldacci's work. In fact, I will be looking forward to it. I would rate it a 9/10.