Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008 into 2009: Time to Reflect

A few more hours before the new year arrive. I'm taking this opportunity to reflect and also to plan forward. Overall, 2008 has been a very blessed year for me.
  • It marks the arrival of Caitlin after a not-so-easy pregnancy.
  • Hubby is happier at work.
  • Ryan is growing into a fine young boy and he's coping well with all the changes and challenges. I'm especially proud of him for making good progress in his Mandarin. Although he can be difficult at times, I'm happy to note that he's teachable and he will listen if we put in the effort.
  • I got a promotion at my workplace and was also transferred to a new department. A new adventure for me and I hope I made a good choice on that career move.
  • Everyone is healthy and happy.
There are also the down side but I prefer not to dwell in them. Life is no perfect and I'm learning to cope the best I can. I noticed that I can get easily stressed in my new position. Little things which did not bother me in the past now does. I guess, it's easier to stay positive when you are not tested. Easier said than done. Whatever it is, I'm happy to receive Hubby's blessing in all that I do. Family is precious to me and it's them that I should be focusing my energy to.

Moving forward, there's so much more that I want to accomplish. I shall list them here to remind myself, something like a resolution and I will do monthly review and hopefully 12 months later, I would have achieve most of them.

For 2009, I want to:
  • be more healthy and lose at least 5 kg through healthy living, exercising and eating.
  • have monthly meeting with hubby to plan for family activities. I used to do this but somehow I have given them up. Will continue with this good practice.
  • read more, at least one book a month and practice all good things.
  • learn basic makeup.
  • be more positive and energised. Try not to let small issues get the better of me.
I will fine tune the list as I go along but whatever it is, my priority is to be there for my family. Year 2009 will no doubt be challenging, with all the prediction of an economic-financial-crisis-meltdown but I think as a family, we will be able to weather them all. Happy New Year and have a blessed year ahead.