Friday 18 July 2008

Chinese Soup

Being a Chinese, soups is very much part of my diet. They are considered to be nutritious and easy to prepare. The only tedious thing is that you have to let it boil over slow fire for 4 to 5 hours.

Because of this, I will only be able to cook soups during weekends. I am now seriously thinking about getting a electrical red claypot as I think Ryan and papa is not having enough nutrient. Besides, it will be a good supplement apart from the catered food. Before this, I have tried using the slow cooker but somehow it's not as tasty. My neighbour agreed to let me tried her red claypot and hopefully, we are ok with the end product. If everything goes well, we should be getting one soon.

Also, nowadays, there are a wide variety of prepack ingredient to choose from. All you have to do is to buy the meat and chuck everything in. A friend is recommending this "Uncle Sun" bak-kut teh mixture and I shall try it this weekend.