Thursday 5 June 2008

Book: Not Without My Daughter

This is a true story about an American housewife who goes to Iran with her husband and daughter, Mahtob for a 2-week holiday holiday but ended up as a hostage when her husband decided to keep them in his homeland against their will.

As I read the book, I cannot help but to question the author's ignorance of her husband's culture and also not relying on her gut feelings in the first place. But all these are on hindsight. She had to pay the price but thankfully, in her case, all ended well as she managed to escape with her daughter but not everyone trapped in such situation are as lucky as her. It's her story and experience and I guess I have to respect what she had to go through. It reminds me that a woman's determination has no boundary.

It would rate is a 6/10.