Friday 7 December 2007

Book: Waiting To Exhale

I am aware that there is a movie based on the book but I was "too young and not interested" to watch it then. I have just finished the book and I am right in the first place.

There are 4 strong willed characters; each of them having their own problems. They, however, share a very strong and genuine friendship. Other than that, there is nothing much to look forward. Bernadine finally got her fair share of assets from her divorce; the lawyer did everything and she just need to sort out her own emotions. Gloria seems to wise up towards the end. Savannah always seem to be meeting or bumping into the wrong guys and she is better off on her own. Gloria did a good job in bring up her boy.

No clever plot; no twist; it's just about the everyday life of 4 good friends and how they manage to cope in situations. The only thing which I find disturbing is that they are always talking and thinking about men, men and men. I am not sure whether I will be thinking like them if I am in the same situation but I would like to think that there's more to life than that.