Sunday 15 March 2009

Shirley's Goals: February & March 2009

Life has been hectic - I mean, I am a working-mother-with-two-young-kids and my life has always been hectic but this takes the cream. I am so, so busy at work that by the time I'm home, I'm EXHAUSTED. Usually, this will go on for a very short period, a few days the most but because my company is embarking on this new project, I am very sure that I will be very, very busy for the next 12 months. I guess, I should not be complaining and instead count my blessing because there is so much uncertainties in the current job market where people are being retrenched. The truth is, even though I am busy, I am happy because there is so much to learn in this project.

Work life balance has never been so challenging. While my hubby is very understanding, I'm still trying to cope with all the demands; at the office and at home. I wish I can tell you that I'm doing a great job but the fact is I'm NOT. I'm so stressed, I get agitated easily and I feel guilty for not spending time with my kids. I do not remember spending or doing anything for myself. After 1.5 months of torturing myself, I decided that enough is enough. Whatever I'm doing is not working.

So, for February and March to do list, I will:

1. Restart blogging - it's therapeutic and it makes me happy
2. Take more photo of Caitlin - she's such a big girl now and she's been doing loads of stunts
3. Not to be so hard on Ryan - he did well for his first examination and I'm really proud of him. (Will blog about this later on)
4. Make more effort talking to hubby - I value his input and support
5. Appreciate Aunt Jo more
6. Spend more time on my own. Date myself for lunch once a week!

....let's see how things go.