Tuesday 24 March 2009

Life in the City

Ryan has been putting a lot of effort to improve his studies and his Mandarin. I have always been proud of him and his achievements, no matter how small. Being a parent, I will always encourage Ryan to try harder as I want him to do better and to make him realise his full potential. At times, it may seem that I am pushing him too hard.

He's in a daycare and typically, his day starts at 7.00 am and ends at 10.30-11.00 pm. It's tough and he has no choice but to get used to this kind of routine. That's life in a city. His childhood is very different from that of mine, who grew up in a rural "kampung" and that of his father's, who although is a KLite but back then, life was not that hectic.
Life then and now is totally different. Whatever it is, family's love and guidance is very important. I have to be tough with him and be there for him. Being a parent is hard work.

I found him sleeping on a chair, after he finished his homework. He's tired but after a good night sleep, he will be fully energised. Papa carried him upstairs, to continue his sleep.

Sleep well and remember that mummy and papa love you ......... always.