Thursday 25 February 2010

Cooking "cekodok"

I must confess that I am not a good cook.....I cook for survival and not taste. It's something I wish that I am better at but not having enough training hours is one culprit, athough I do have the interest to cook simple dishes. Simple dishes means that I recognise all the required ingredients and that a handful. I am hopeless with spices and I don't know the names of some vegetables as well. Like I mentioned before I cook for survival. Anyway, one fine afternoon, I had with me a few over ripe bananas and instead of throwing them in the rubbish bin, I decided, out of the blue to make "cekodok" (a malay language for fried-banana-in-batter and it's quite a common tea snack in Malaysia).

This is the batter (over ripe banana + flour). Next, make small pieces and throw them in the hot oil and when it turn brown, scope them up. Place them in a nice plate and then tell everyone that afternoon snack is ready !!