Thursday 2 April 2009

Qing Ming 2009

I did not go back for Qing Ming (All Soul's Day) last year as I was pregnant with Caitlin and was "suffering" throughout my pregnancy. As far as I can remember, I have always go back to my hometown, Teluk Intan, for Qing Ming. This year is special for me as I decided to take Ryan along. (Hubby was excluded as he's taking care of Caitlin who is too young to participate).

As with previous years, we woke up early and by the time we arrived, it will be break of dawn. We have engaged someone to take care of the grave and therefore, the place is usually clean when we visit. My grandpa passed away in 1979 and my grandma in 2002, the year Ryan was born. I'm very closed to my grandparents as I was bought up by them. When grandpa passed away, I was 7 years old and I have fond memories of him. I knew I'm grandma's favourite and I got away with many things.

I wish Ryan had the opportunity to know them, especially grandma. I know she will adore him and Caitlin. I intend to come back for QingMing for many more years to come. Being here, eventhough it's only once a year, is good for me.

P/S: Hubby is going to take Ryan for Qing Ming (his side of the family) this Saturday.