Wednesday 28 January 2009

Happy CNY 2009

Chinese New Year is here. It's time to celebrate and eat non-stop for the next 15 days.

As usual we will be having a big reunion dinner the night before followed by many, many more other lunches / dinners before the end of the CNY. Since marriage, my CNY itinerary is the same, year in, year out.

2 days before CNY
Dinner with my parents in laws and all hubby's siblings (that would be my sister in law and brother in law) and their families.

1 day before CNY
Reunion dinner with my parents in law and brother in law and family (My sister in law would have gone back to her hubby's hometown).

On CNY
Will visit my parents in law in the morning. Then we will head to my aunt's house before heading back to my in laws for dinner.

2nd day of CNY
We will gather at my on law's place at 8.30 - 9.00 pm. Will visit 3 close relatives together with my them and my brother in law's family. According to hubby, they have been doing this as long as he can remember. We will then have lunch in one of the relatives' house. After lunch, we will be heading back home where I will be spending the next hour or so packing as we will be going back to my hometown to celebrate CNY with my side of the family. The journey back to Teluk Intan will take 2.5 hours and we usually arrive before dinner. Will be spending a few days there before coming back to Kuala Lumpur.

This year, everything is like clock work - except, it's Caitlin's first and she's still having rashes on her face, flu and mild fever. She vommited 30 minutes before arriving Teluk Intan. Her car seat s soaked and she's one smelly baby. She was a bit cranky and we had to start her on antibiotics. Otherwise, we have loads of fun there and it was good to see and catch up with each and every family members. One of the highlights is the celebration of Aunt Cloe's 55th birthday which falls on 4 February and Uncle TC's 60th birthday on 14 February.

It is good to be back. I'm happy to see that everyone is happy, healthy and enjoying themselves.
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year and may the year of the Ox brings you and your family joy, health and wealth.