Wednesday 6 August 2008

Pregnancy: It's time and I'm going CRAZY

I'm now 39+ weeks pregnant and my last visit to my gynea indicated that baby is not engaged and my amniotic fluid is low and therefore, it's best to induce the baby since she's already full term. I'm fine with that and the date is set on 7.8.2008.

The next question is whether would this be a natural birth or c-section. I've been thinking a lot and each has its pros and cons. I remembered the time I had Ryan and even though it was a painless delivery as I was on epidural, I felt very disappointed with myself because I did not know how to push and in the end, he has to be vacuumed. I was also worried for him and I remember telling myself that if anything were to happen to him, it would be my fault and I had kept him longer than necessary due to my incompetency. I know I should not have that kind of thots or feeling but that's what went through my head. Thank god, everything was ok and he was fine. That was 6 years ago and I can still recall that feeling of being helpless. Given a choice I do not want that to happen again.

This time around and also due to my low amniotic fluid, I do not have confidence in myself and therefore have opted for c-section. I know that recovery will be longer and will be more painful compared to normal delivery but hopefully, as an offset, it would be less stressful. I'm no sure whether I made the right decision but then again that's life, we will not know. I'm also stressed that baby's head is not engaged and there's a chance that she's happily flipping around and I'm not sure whether will she ended up being breech just right before delivery!!

Please pray for a safe delivery and I can't wait to meet my daughter.